Network Working Group A. Vezza Request for Comments: 87 12 January 1971 NIC 5632
Project MAC is planning a network graphics meeting to be held in
Project MAC's present ideas about the length, structure, and
1) The length of the meeting is expected to be two FULL days.
2) Each organization represented is expected to participate by
presenting one or more working paper(s) on one or more of the areas
chosen for discussion. The working paper(s) will minimally consist of
a set of working notes and an oral presentation. Who presents the
working paper for an organization, or how the labor is divided, is to
be determined by the organization.
3) The bulk of the two full days is to be used for the prepared oral
presentation with discussion after each presentation. About three
hours at the end of the second day are reserved for open discussion.
This three hour period is to be used for critiquing this meeting,
planning the next one, and bidding for special assignments that
participating organizations might wish to undertake as a contribution
to the network graphics effort.
will be connected to the network, with a functional description of how
they work or look (or might look) to a user (network user).
2) A functional description of a graphical facility one can envision
or would like to see the network support.
3) Proposals on network graphic protocol, even proposal which are only
intended to smoke out issues are acceptable.
4) A sharing of network graphic "Historic Moments." Description of
your experiences in network graphics, what problems were encountered,
how you solved or lived with them. What insight and understanding
have you gained, what questions have been left unanswered by these
Miss F. Yost
545 Technology Square, Room 830
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
[ This RFC was put into machine readable form for entry ] [ into the online RFC archives by Phillip Jaenke 4/97]