Network Working Group B. Cosell
Request for Comments #218 BBN
NIC #7548 8 September 1971
To help us expand our role as NCC, we will be changing the
- status reporting facility of the IMP. The change will take place
- within the next month and should be transparent to the hosts.
The text status reports will be removed. They have already
- been completely superseded by a binary version sent directly to
- the NCC and are now just excess baggage.
The status reports will remain with the statistics program
- on fake host 3, but will no longer be affected by any of the
- PARAMETER CHANGE parameters. This will prevent the Hosts from
- inadvertently interfering with the operation of the NCC.
[ This RFC was put into machine readable form for entry ]
[ into the online RFC archives by BBN Corp. under the ]
[ direction of Alex McKenzie. 12/96 ]