(DBWORLD) IEEE-CS Distinguished Visitors Program

Forouzan Golshani (ragrawal@almaden.ibm.com)
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:11:26 -0600 (CST)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE THIS NOTICE TO OTHER MAIL LISTS WITH
POTENTIAL SPEAKERS
To: Colleagues and Friends
From: Murali Varanasi, Chair, IEEE-CS Distinguished Visitors Program
Date: March 20, 1997
Subject: Nominations for the Distinguished Visitors Program

Dear Colleague:

The purpose of this communication is to solicit your recommendations
and/or nominations for new and dynamic speakers willing to serve in
the IEEE Computer Society's Distinguished Visitors Program (DVP)
starting in September 1997. The DVP has been a popular and successful
vehicle for serving our membership through our chapters, and initially
served student and professional chapters in continental North America
(Regions 1-7). We have now expanded to the Asia-Pacific region, and
have initiated programs for our European and India regions.

Speakers on new and state-of-the-art technical topics are particularly
welcome, and self-nominations are permitted. Selection of new
Distinguished Visitors is based on the speaker's record of public
speaking, publication in journals and books, and other
accomplishments. Completed nominations should include a biography and
at least 2-3 abstracts of seminars the nominee wishes to present
(submit electronically; see samples on our Web site). Chapters have
continuously requested the addition of tutorial talks on
state-of-the-art topics. Therefore, it is also desirable that each
nominee include a seminar of tutorial nature in addition to research
seminars.

The following is a time table for selection of new speakers:

----Receipt of Complete Nominations: May 15, 1997
----Selection Committee Recommendations: June 15, 1997
----Notification of New Speakers: July 15, 1997
----Program Year Begins (New Brochure Printing): September 1, 1997

Each year, new speakers and topics are selected to help maintain
renewed interest by our membership -- approximately one third of the
speakers finish their 3-year term in August of each year. I look
forward to receiving your recommendations for new speakers.

NOTE: Nominations should be submitted electronically to:
services.dvp@computer.org. Access the current DVP program catalog at
http://www.computer.org/chapter/dvp/toc.htm.

Mailing Address:

Professor Murali Varanasi
University of South Florida
4202 Fowler Avenue, ENG 118
Tampa, FL 33620-9951
Phone: 813-974-4762
Fax: 813-974-5456
Email: mrv@cs.csee.usf.edu

subscribe dbworld Your Full Name

to unsubscribe send
unsubscribe dbworld

to change your address
send an unsubscribe request from the old address
send a subscribe request from the new address

to find out more options send
help